joi, 10 martie 2011

17/25

17 - A movie that you wish more people would’ve seen


Max Rothman: Come on Hitler, I'll buy you a glass of lemonade

Max Rothman: So you're an anti-Semite?
Adolf Hitler: On the contrary, I admire the Jews.
Max Rothman: Really?
Adolf Hitler: Yes, they're very intelligent people.
Max Rothman: There are intelligent ones and not so intelligent ones...
Adolf Hitler: They're all intelligent because they guard the purity of their blood.
Max Rothman: What?
Adolf Hitler: The purity of the blood. Because the secret of the Jews lies in their pure Jewish blood. That's why they're the mightiest counterpart to the Aryan race. What's the secret? Is your father Jewish?
Max Rothman: Yes, he is.
Adolf Hitler: Mother?
Adolf Hitler: Why not ask whether she's a German?
Adolf Hitler: Mensch! Of course your mom's Jewish.
Max Rothman: You're an awfully hard man to like, Hitler, but I'm gonna try, because if I've learned anything over the past four years, it's that we all shit the same, scream the same, and die the same.
Adolf Hitler: There's no need for vulgarity, Rothman.
Max Rothman: I know where you've been and God knows we've all been turned into assholes there. Listen to me well, you may not think you're an anti-Semite, but in fact you are.
Adolf Hitler: I'm not.
Max Rothman: But in this, as in all things, there's a reason. Your own hero Nietzsche said anti-Semitism is the ideology of those who feel cheated.
Adolf Hitler: How do you know Nietzsche's my hero?
Max Rothman: You've obviously skimmed his ideas.
Adolf Hitler: I don't feel cheated.
Max Rothman: Excellent. Then stop acting like it.
Adolf Hitler: Are you gonna smoke another cigarette? You just put one out.
Max Rothman: Exactly. Now where is my instinct, my secret instinct for self-preservation, I ask you? I've heard these theories all my life. Blood science, eugenics, it's rubbish. It's complete nonsense, it's kitsch. Put it out of your mind. It's not modern, it's not scientific. It will hold you back as an artist.

Max Rothman: [to his Kids] Hello midgets.

Max Rothman: I've seen the future. Believe me, it came straight at us. There's no future in the future.

Art patron/friend of Max's: So if art, as an object, is dead, why is everything so expensive?
Max Rothman: Otherwise nobody would buy it.

Adolf Hitler: Listen Rothman, I've lost FOUR YEARS!
Max Rothman: Yes, we've *all* lost four years. Some of us a little more. Do you want a show?
Adolf Hitler: I'd kill for you if you gave me a show!
Max Rothman: Don't kill for me, please. Just do what you do. Be anxious, be nervous, *tell* me you're the unknown soldier come back to haunt us - with your brush, Hitler! With your brush - can you do that? 'Cause that's what you've got to do. You've got to take all this pent-up stuff you're quivering with, and you've got to hurl it onto the canvas. It doesn't have to be good and it doesn't have to be beautiful, it just has to be true.
[pause]
Max Rothman: And even if it's a lie, make it an interesting lie, and I'll put it up. I swear.
Adolf Hitler: You do think I'm talented, don't you?
Max Rothman: I think there's definitely *something* rustling behind your curtain, yes.

Adolf Hitler: Politics is the new art!

Doves - The Sulphur Man

Niciun comentariu: