joi, 24 februarie 2011

10/25


10 - A movie that changed your opinion about something

Pentru că sunt etern răzvrătită și găsesc divinitatea problematică, fie că există sau nu, am ales filmele astea două, pentru că mi-au oferit ceva răspunsuri în temă.

Mailman: Mr. Faber, is there such a place a hell?
Arlen Faber: Yes, there is. I think it was Sartre that said it best really when he said, and I quote, hell - is other people.

Kris Lucas:
If God made everything, then why are some things bad? Like the whole pain and suffering thin
g...
Arlen Faber: Opposites. Without things that suck, you would have no idea what good was, and therefore be directionless. You smell shit, you walk the other way.

Kris Lucas: Why can't I do the things I want to do? There's so much I know I'm capable of that I never actually do. Why is that?
Arlen Faber: The trick is to realize that you're always doing what you want to do... always. Nobody's making you do anything. Once you get that, you see that you're free and that life is really just a series of choices. Nothing happens to you. You choose.

Kris Lucas: Do I have a destiny or is it free will?
Arlen Faber: Free will... moving toward or a
way from a purpose.

Arlen Faber: I love kids. They're short, highly emotional people who don't know anything. They rely on their creativity and imagination to get by in the world. A world, I might add, filled
with giants.

Arlen Faber: You know what He says.
[points upward]
Elizabeth: No, I sure don't.
Arlen Faber: For you and you alone I have made this place, kaleidoscope of wonder to keep your eye upon as I turn the world.


God: I now issue a new commandment: Thou shalt do the dance.

God: Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?

God: How do we change the world?
Evan: One single act of random kindness at a time.
God: [spoken while writing A-R-K on ground with a stick] One Act, of, Random, Kindness.



as simple as that.



Switchfoot - You

Niciun comentariu: