luni, 14 februarie 2011

1/25

Day 01 - The best movie you saw during the last year

Mi-ar fi fost mult mai ușor dacă cerea cel mai bun film făcut în ultimul an. Aș fi zis Inception și scăpam de-o treabă, dar deh... după un lung și complicat proces de gândire și de eliminare și de „nu, ăsta nu, că nu-mi amintesc coloana sonoră.” sau „nu, ăsta merge plasat la altă zi.” sau „oare?” m-am decis laaaa... TATATADAAA: Philadeplhia pentru că:
  • nu pot să cred că nu l-am văzut până acum
  • m-a emoționat și impresionat
  • forțează lumea să se confrunte cu temerile sale iraționale și atât de des întâlnite
  • caută dreptatea, deschide ochi, atrage atenția spre locurile unde oamenii se încăpățânează să nu privească
  • pasiunea lui Andrew Beckett pentru operă și scena în care se lasă parcă posedat de muzică este sublimă
Andrew Beckett: Do you like opera?
Joe Miller: I'm not that familiar with opera.
Andrew Beckett: This is my favorite aria. This is Maria Callas. This is "Andrea Chenier", Umberto Giordano. This is Madeleine. She's saying how during the French Revolution, a mob set fire to her house, and her mother died... saving her. "Look, the place that cradled me is burning." Can you hear the heartache in her voice? Can you feel it, Joe? In come the strings, and it changes everything. The music fills with a hope, and that'll change again. Listen... listen..."I bring sorrow to those who love me." Oh, that single cello! "It was during this sorrow that love came to me." A voice filled with harmony. It says, "Live still, I am life. Heaven is in your eyes. Is everything around you just the blood and mud? I am divine. I am oblivion. I am the god... that comes down from the heavens, and makes of the Earth a heaven. I am love!... I am love."
  • mă distra (culmea cum ceva poate distra pe cineva în acest film) replica repetitivă a lui Joe Miller: „Now, explain it to me like I'm a four-year-old.”
  • cinic
  • real
  • replici inteligente
  • Andrew Beckett și Joe Miller mi se par niște personaje impresionante, foarte bine interpretate; alăturarea unui gay și a unui negru plasată într-un film despre dreptate; atât de potrivită într-o lume a ideilor preconcepute și a fricii de necunoscut - atât atunci, cât și acum
  • lui Tom Hanks îi stă mai bine chel (good reason)


Joe Miller: What's wrong with your face?
Andrew Beckett: I have AIDS.

Joe Miller: We're standing here in Philadelphia, the, city of brotherly love, the birthplace of freedom, where the, uh, founding fathers authored the Declaration of Independence, and I don't recall that glorious document saying anything about all straight men are created equal. I believe it says all men are created equal.

Judge Garrett: In this courtroom, Mr.Miller, justice is blind to matters of race, creed, color, religion and sexual orientation.
Joe Miller: With all due respect, your honor, we don't live in this courtroom, do we?

Joe Miller: What do you love about the law, Andrew?
Andrew Beckett: I... many things... uhm... uhm... What I love the most about the law?
Joe Miller: Yeah.
Andrew Beckett: It's that every now and again - not often, but occasionally - you get to be a part of justice being done. That really is quite a thrill when that happens.


Andrew Beckett: What do you call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean?
Joe Miller: I don't know.
Andrew Beckett: A good start.


Maria Callas - La mamma morta


Niciun comentariu: